1.- What is the use of Nutritape® patches?
The advantages of using Nutritape® patches are, among others:
- The BCAA that it incorporates will avoid you to suffer the so annoying ramps and cramps during demanding trainings or races.
- They will give you energy almost instantaneously, so you will notice a decrease in hunger sensation during demanding trainings or racing due to the constant supply of branched-chain amino acids and vitamins B1 and B5.
- You will not suffer gastrointestinal discomfort, nausea or vomiting, as they do not ingest and do not affect the stomach.
- The need to carry less food in the backpack or bag than usual. By carrying less weight, you will feel lighter, consuming less energy and improving your times.
- You will avoid the dreaded insulin spike, as is especially the case with energy gels, which often cause dizziness when the sugar or caffeine kick is gone.
- As they last 20 hours, when you finish the demanding training or racing, DO NOT take them off. Leave them attached to accelerate muscle recovery. Athletes who have tried them have been surprised by the muscle recovery they have had.
What Nutritape® DOES NOT:
- Do not avoid or substitute any meal of the day. It is not designed, formulated or tested for it.
- It does not prevent or replace the need for hydration during training or racing. Nutritape® does not incorporate water.
- It does not prevent or replace electrolyte replacement before, during or after training or racing. Nutritape® only provides vitamins B1 and B5, which are essential to maximize the use of the branched amino acids it incorporates.
2.- How do I place Nutritape® patches?
Follow these simple instructions to correctly position Nutritape® patches:
- Remove the protective boards from the patch adhesive.
- Place the patch on the side of the leg, vertically. If it is not possible, you can place it in the back, in the lumbar area, also in the vertical direction.
- Press it gently so that it adheres correctly to the skin.
- BCAA and vitamins begin to be absorbed from 5 minutes of their adhesion and up to 20 hours after their adhesion.
- If the training lasts less than 20 hours, DO NOT remove the patch. Leave it on to speed up muscle recovery.
- You can shower with it without problems. It is water resistant!
- Once 20 hours have passed since you put it on, you can remove it.
3.- When should I place Nutritape® patches?
20-40 minutes before starting the demanding training or race. So, the skin will begin to absorb the BCAA and vitamins from the patch, preparing your body for the effort you are going to make.
4.- How many Nutritape® patches should I put?
If your training or race is between 50% and 70% of your maximum effort, 1 patch. If it exceeds 70% of your maximum effort, 2 patches.
5.- Is Nutritape® compatible with carbohydrate loading 3 days before the race?
Yes, absolutely. In fact, Nutritape patches complement it very well as they provide extra energy through the BCAA they incorporate, which releases them slowly through the skin. And the vitamins B1 and B5 that it also incorporates maximize the energy use during the race.
That way you will noticeably delay the onset of fatigue, the dreaded wall, as well as the cramps and ramps associated with racing.
Athletes who have already tried have told us that they have finally stopped having ramps in the last kilometers of the race.
6.- Does Nutritape® allow me to stop eating in demanding practices or during a race?
No. What it does allow you to eat is much less and more spaced in time, so your stomach will be seated during the race. You will feel more comfortable and light so you will enjoy the race and you can try to improve your personal marks.
7.- Can Nutritape® be considered doping?
Many of you, who compete at European and international level, have asked us several questions, concerning Nutritape® and the possible positive in anti-doping control.
7.1.- Is Nutritape® considered doping?
The answer we have given you has always been the same: NO. Branched amino acids have never been banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA). They are nutrients found naturally in eggs, meat, fish, milk, cereals, legumes, etc. In addition, in order to ingest a number of branched amino acids that triggered alarms, large amounts of food should be eaten, making it almost impossible to practice any sport or participation in competition.
Here you have his website: https://www.wada-ama.org/en (not available in Spanish).
In case you want to know the list of prohibited substances, you will find them in this link, grouped in:
- Forever banned.
- Prohibited in competition.
- Banned in some sports.
A very curious fact is that the consumption of alcohol is only prohibited in the following sports:
- Air sports.
- Motor racing.
- Offshore boats.
The maximum allowed threshold is the equivalent of a blood alcohol concentration of 0.10 g/L.
Link to full information: https://www.wada-ama.org/en/prohibited-list
7.2.- Can you get the Anti-Doping Agency to certify that the use of Nutritape® will not give false positives in an anti-doping control?
Yes, we got it on December 2017. Here you have: